Tuesday, December 23, 2014

It's been awhile...A reflection of year's past

Since I wrote last- January of this year, I've been hospitalized 1-2 times more for MS flares.  However, both times they were not actual flares.  They were pseudo-exacerbations, just like the one in January.  Great news!  No new or enhancing lesions causing the symptoms that got me admitted those 3 times this year!  It was either infection or stress that were the culprits.
I must say to all you MSers out there... moving- buying and selling your home- is a huge emotional upheaval and can stir the boiling pot very easily.  It was, in fact, the cause of my last hospital stay.  MS sucks.  It just sucks.  However, it will teach you the ability to achieve emotional strength you never knew possible.  Years and years ago if I had leg weakness, tremors, cog fog, incoordination, I would have presented a chaotic exigency to go to the ER.  Now, I'm so used to these symptoms that when I exude a new or worsening symptom, I calmly call my neurologist and request a UA to r/o UTI and a 5 day course of steroids if labs are negative.  Don't get me wrong, MS still sucks, it's just that what I can't change I accept.  It makes it that much easier to live with the disease rather than fight a losing emotional battle with it.  Keep Moving Forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment